Re: "save" to and "load" from file descriptor

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: "save" to and "load" from file descriptor
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 21:52:16 +0200

On 6/14/07, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
Does Cygwin also accept "rb" and "wb"?  If not, then we need an ifdef
around the following change.

I don't know about cygwin, but I wonder if the proposed change is enough.
If I look at popen in src/file-io.cc, it uses octave_iprocstream::create; and if
I look at octave_iprocstream in src/oct-prcstrm.cc, it calls directly ::popen
(with an additional #define to _popen for MSVC). Perhaps it would be better
to wrap the syscall popen into some octave_popen, taking care of the binary
more and the underscore prepending, and use it in octave's code.

Michael.