Re: Pipeline problems with MSVC 2.9.13-3

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Pipeline problems with MSVC 2.9.13-3
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 21:43:29 -0400

On  6-Jun-2007, David Grohmann wrote:

| wow, its not a gnu project? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnuplot I
| didn't know that. What a horrible name... yeah I read the history of the
| name...

The gnuplot copyright statement says 1986-1993.  Richard Stallman
announced his intent to start working on the GNU project at the end of
September 1983 but didn't really start until January 1984.  So it is
certainly possible that the authors of gnuplot had not heard of the
GNU project when they started writing gnuplot, or that they wouldn't
have thought it would be too confusing even if they had.  Seriously,
just how many people had heard of the GNU project in 1986?  I don't
think I knew anything about it until probably late 1987 or the early
part of 1988.