Re: Mingw32 compiled binaries

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: Mingw32 compiled binaries
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 15:38:47 +0200

On 6/6/07, Benjamin Lindner <address@hidden> wrote:
> I cannot drop it as under my system, FLIBS contains the reference
> to libf2c.

Aha, well, as I said this is a not-to-be-really-generally-applied change.
But doesn't the fortran compiler (or the f2c converter) automatically add
its required libraries? Why do I need to specify them explicitly in the
first place?

f2c converts your fortran code into C, which you compile with your regular
C compiler. However, the generated code uses functions that are found in
libf2c, which you have to include in your C-compilation command.

Is there a way to seperate the hardwired paths from the libraries?

sed?
In my case, I don't hane any hardcoded path in FLIBS, it only contains
"-lf2c -lkernel32".

I forgot the 3rd part of my patch of mkoctfile.cc.
3) I have added the ${OCTAVE_PREFIX}/lib directory to the library search
path - but this you already did more elegantly in the configure
script recently, am I right?

I provided a patch for octave yesterday and already applied the patch to
mkoctfile.cc.in on octave-forge CVS.

Michael.