Re: How does ode23 work in Matlab?

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: Re: How does ode23 work in Matlab?
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 23:10:23 +0200

Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso schrieb:
On 17/05/07, Søren Hauberg <address@hidden> wrote:
Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso skrev:
> Once I know what should happen in Matlab's ode23, I'll send the patch myself.
I don't have matlab access right now, but can't you get the information
you're looking for from the matlab documentation:

http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/index.html?/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/ode113.html&;

Wow, thanks. I wasn't aware that that documentation was available. Hm.
Looks like Matlab's interface to ode23 is more complicated than I
thought. And that Matlab has many more solvers than are available in
'forge.

Actually no. Octave-forge has more solvers than Matlab, but at the moment we only have ODE and DAE solvers (cf. the odepkg documentation). IDE and DDE solvers will follow (hopefully soon).

Do people really need any solver besides ode45? %-)

Yes - ever tried my most lovely solver ode78?

- Jordi G. H.

Thomas