Re: 2.9.11?

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: 2.9.11?
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 15:41:54 -0500

John W. Eaton wrote:
On 19-Apr-2007, Daniel J Sebald wrote:

| So, it looks like the failing case is sqrt(-Inf). OK, now where is the complex | version of square root, std::sqrt? :-)

It depends on your system.  With GCC, it would be in the complex
header file that is part of libstdc++.  Depending on compiler version
and options it could actually be defined using one of the C99
functions which are apparently built-in functions in GCC.

Anyway, I don't think it is a bug in Octave.

Oh, I didn't know there were complex versions of routines in the library:

tgmath.h:#define sqrt(Val) __TGMATH_UNARY_REAL_IMAG (Val, sqrt, csqrt)

So, it is really the csqrt that is being called, I guess. Not the sqrt() which would give an error for negative numbers. I'll see if that has been fixed in a library update.

Dan