Re: Updating glpk binding to GLPK 4.15

From: Rafael Laboissiere
Subject: Re: Updating glpk binding to GLPK 4.15
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 14:17:37 +0100

* Rafael Laboissiere <address@hidden> [2007-02-20 09:48]:

> * John W. Eaton <address@hidden> [2007-02-20 01:56]:
> > so please fix this patch so that Octave can continue to use older versions
> > of glpk. If necessary, we can check for the features in the configure
> > script, but I think it would be better if you can do it with preprocessor
> > macro checks in the __glpk__.cc file itself.
>
> Okay, I will try to propose a patch later today.

Please, consider the patch attached below, which applies against the current
CVS sources.  Tentative ChangeLog entries are included.  The patch was
tested with both 4.11 and 4.15 versions of GLPK.

Essentially, it defines the preprocessor macro GLPK_PRE_4_15, according to
the availability of glp_lpx_simplex (in contrast to _glp_lpx_simplex) and
the code in __glpk__.cc becames conditional to that macro.  I also added a
note in the documentation of glpk.m about the unavailability of the
extra.mem return value when __glpk__.oct is linked against GLPK 4.15.

--
Rafael