Re: graphics-branch in CVS

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: graphics-branch in CVS
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 17:40:15 +0100

John W. Eaton skrev:
The following patch should get you past this problem.
It brings me past the problem and straight into another:

octave:4> imshow(rand(100))
error: `__gnuplot_version__' undefined near line 74 column 23
error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error: evaluating binary operator `&&' near line 74, column 2
error: if: error evaluating conditional expression
error: evaluating if command near line 73, column 5
error: evaluating if command near line 72, column 3
error: called from `image_viewer' in file `/home/sh/Download/octave-cvs/octave/scripts/image/image_viewer.m'
error: evaluating if command near line 527, column 5
error: evaluating if command near line 29, column 3
error: called from `__uiobject_draw_axes__' in file `/home/sh/Download/octave-cvs/octave/scripts/plot/__uiobject_draw_axes__.m'
error: evaluating switch command near line 55, column 4
error: evaluating for command near line 53, column 2
error: evaluating if command near line 37, column 7
error: evaluating if command near line 30, column 5
error: evaluating if command near line 29, column 3
error: called from `__uiobject_draw_figure__' in file `/home/sh/Download/octave-cvs/octave/scripts/plot/__uiobject_draw_figure__.m'
error: evaluating if command near line 57, column 5
error: evaluating if command near line 33, column 3
error: called from `drawnow' in file `/home/sh/Download/octave-cvs/octave/scripts/plot/drawnow.m' error: called from `image' in file `/home/sh/Download/octave-cvs/octave/scripts/image/image.m' error: called from `imshow' in file `/home/sh/Download/octave-cvs/octave/scripts/image/imshow.m'
[...]

I guess I just need __gnuplot_version__ ?

| P.S. Do you need the "drawnow()" at the end of image.m?
Maybe not.

| Won't that be called when the function returns to the prompt?
Yes.
I've never liked this behavior of matlab because you don't get to see your results until all computations are done. So I like that drawnow is called by the drawing functions, but I don't think it's quite as effective when you have multiple plots in one figure.

Søren