Re: Octave/Win32 update

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Octave/Win32 update
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 23:13:36 +0100

John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 29-Jan-2007, David Bateman wrote:
>
> | Would this require that all hid_t declarations in the save_hdf5 and
> | load_hdf5 function would need to be modified to use this class?
>
> Yes.
>
> | If so
> | that might be a bit of a pain as there is some octave-forge code that
> | implements these functions.. Anything that hides the hid_t arg at the
> | level seen by mkoctfile would be ok..
>
> I do not want to duplicate the HDF5 typedef in an Octave header.  So I
> think we need to either wrap it in a class and change our functions to
> use the wrapper instead of using the HDF5 type directly, or we find
> some other way to eliminate the argument from the function call.

If we have to change the call to save_hdf5 and load_hdf5 then new class
or not it means things must change elsewhere... The only way I can see
to do this with the minimum of disruption is if we could hid the
definitions of save_hdf5 and load_hdf5 in ov.h, though that really
doesn't make much sense either... Fine I think a new class would be ok..

D.