RE : __gnuplot_send_inline_data__ (data);

From: Philippe Leroux
Subject: RE : __gnuplot_send_inline_data__ (data);
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 11:50:06 +0100 (CET)

I  completely rebuild my function to print the
graphics
using __gnuplot_raw_()
and sprintf()
of course i have a for loop to print each lines (rows
of the matrix) which is ugly, but.
so i don't use plot() anymore and no file output

it now take less than .1 seconds to print about one
thousand lines, instead of... more than 15 seconds
that's 150 times faster! and it's not optimized,
the best would be to have a library to interface with
gnuplot so there is no need to convert numbers to
strings. of course it does not exist. but it still
might be possible to code one

I was wondering is there any documentation, wiki or
something for the status of graphics and perhaps
roadmap to help new developers join to code on
graphics output ?

i've been trying to read some mailling list archieve,
and it seems a mess. I don't know where to start
there is many graphics projects, i couldnt get any to
compile and install and work on my gentoo linux
there really is a huge need to clear things up.

are there any developper who could give me some hint
to join developping the graphic side?

thank you

Philippe Leroux

--- Philippe Leroux <address@hidden> a écrit :

> I subscribed to the mailling list after having read
> about
>
>  __gnuplot_send_inline_data__ (data);
>
> in a post not long ago
>
> today, octaves output a file in /tmp for each line
> drawn
>
> try
>  x=randn(2,200)+j*randn(2,200)
>  plot(x)
>
> you get 200 files of about 150 bytes (i have
> resierfs)
>
> now do this hundreds of times to print png and make
> video out of it (i actually make a video of
> connections between mobiles and base stations for my
> actual work)
>
> /tmp gets blotted and octave cant clear /tmp
> because rm /tmp/oct* doesn't work (it echos : too
> many
> arguments when doing it via the command line)
>
> my /tmp got blotted by 6 Go before i realised this
> with reiserfs it took one full night to remove the
> files by removing : rm -rf /tmp
>
> moreover making those pngs via gnuplot with a temp
> file
> takes 100% of my second cpu (amd64 X2) by gnuplot
> (hopefully i have two cpu :))
>
> questions :
> will  __gnuplot_send_inline_data__ (data)
> prevent this,
> and how fast will it be to draw 500 lines * 500
> frames
>

> I cant wait to try it, when is  2.9.10 coming out?
>
> by the way
> thank you very much for this piece of software
>
> and to answer an other post, using a bug reporting
> tool would actually be great.
>
> P.L.

> Découvrez une nouvelle façon d'obtenir des réponses
> à toutes vos questions !
> Profitez des connaissances, des opinions et des
> expériences des internautes sur Yahoo!
> Questions/Réponses
> http://fr.answers.yahoo.com

Yahoo! Mail réinvente le mail ! Découvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail et son
interface révolutionnaire.
http://fr.mail.yahoo.com