Re: MSVC compiler support [patch 14]: Additional configuration

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: MSVC compiler support [patch 14]: Additional configuration
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 23:58:21 +0200

John W. Eaton a écrit :
| * do not use soft links (simply copy files)

I'm not applying this until I understand why it is needed.  If you are
using the MSYS shell, then I think the code for the AC_PROG_LN_S macro
in the configure script should set LN_S="cp -p".  If that fails, then
I think we should report the bug to the autoconf maintainers.

I actually use autoconf from cygwin. I tried with the autoconf of MSYS, but the version does not seem to high enough (it weird as the MSYS package says it's 2.59, but 'autoconf --version' says it's 2.56). Anyway, when running the configure script in the MSYS shell, LN_S is set to "ln -s". But it looks like this is equivalent to copy. So this part of the patch does not seem to
be necessary.

Michael.