Re: Creating a Snapshot

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Creating a Snapshot
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 01:47:49 -0400

On 21-May-2006, Bill Denney wrote:

| On Fri, 19 May 2006, John W. Eaton wrote:
|
| > You need the generated lex.cc file.  But couldn't you just install the
| > flex package?  I thought all the tools necessary to build Octave had
| > Cygwin packages.
|
| All have packages, but the gperf package is at version 2.7.2-1; flex and
| bison are up to date enough.  When I did this to a clean checkout of the
| cvs:
|
| ./autoconf.sh
| ./configure
| make
|
| I got this error:
|
| Creating library file: libcruft.dll.a
| lapack/dtrcon.o:dtrcon.f:(.text+0x276): undefined reference to `_dlantr_'
| lapack/ztrcon.o:ztrcon.f:(.text+0x276): undefined reference to `_zlantr_'

I added the files dlantr.f and zlantr.f to libcruft/lapack.  I think
that should solve your problem.  Or, I think you could also install
the Cygwin lapack package and run configure again so that Octave would
use that instead of the lapack files that are include with Octave.

If you do have the Cygwin lapack package installed and configure
didn't find it, then please look in config.log and see if that
provides any clues.

Thanks,