Re: octave gset, graw

From: Daniel J Sebald
Subject: Re: octave gset, graw
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 22:28:58 -0600

Volker Kuhlmann wrote:
Will putting a script file "graw.m" in your personal script directory that does

function graw(varargin)

__graw(varargin)__

help any?

(Assuming you meant __gnuplot_raw__(varargin))

No, gset/graw are internal functions with a special syntax that isn't
user-definable. Anyway, a gset.m in ./ isn't picked up.

Oh yeah, that's right.

This works:

    grawcmd='__gnuplot_raw__';
    if (~ exist(grawcmd)); grawcmd='graw'; end

        eval ([grawcmd '(str)']);

I could put that kind of thing in a wrapper function. What would be the
performance penalty?

Got me.  You're the expert, by default, on this one.  I see the conundrum now,
however...

John, would it be possible to issue that warning just the first time that
graw() is called?  I've done stuff like that before:

 static bool graw_first_call = true;
 if (graw_first_call)
   graw_first_call = false;
   issue_warning();