Re: Proposal for thread-safe interface to Octave internals

From: Sebastien Loisel
Subject: Re: Proposal for thread-safe interface to Octave internals
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 21:04:18 +0100

John, Kalle,

Just in case there are even more people interested in this, I'm forwarding to the list.

Sébastien Loisel

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 08:34:32 -0700 John Swensen <address@hidden> wrote:

> Kalle,
>    I see you are going to help Sebastien with threading on the
> Workshop.

Yes, Sebastien got a lot done in no-time, but there seems to be a few things
I could still add :) I don't know how much time I can commit, tough.

>   I am going to try and
> get
> that whole class implemented this weekend.

That would be great.

>  As someone mentioned earlier, "He who codes gets to
> choose".  Regardless, I think we should use the same interface to the
> octave internals.

Absolutely! I hope jwe accepts you patches: the API seemed very reasonable.
If it got into Octave, there would of course not be any question about using
anyhing else ;)
IIRC you code in C++ too? There could be more than just the Octave parts
that could be shared?

> Do you accept attachments in your email?  I will email you the code
> once
> I have it complete.

Sure. but I think I have a limit of 1MB. Could be old info, tough...
Which version of Octave will it be built on?

I put Sebastien as a cc.

Kalle

P.S. The document you sent seems to need OOo2, could you please send a copy in
pdf? I have still OOo1.x, haven't still read that part :(