Re: Octave Workshop 0.8

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave Workshop 0.8
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:21:14 -0500

On 19-Feb-2006, William Poetra Yoga Hadisoeseno wrote:

| I think it would be better if we could extract the raw docstrings in
| texinfo form (using some of 'help' code, maybe, or extend 'help' to
| output the raw docstring?), and then generate the HTML on the fly.
| This will preserve the formatting.

Yes.  I'm assuming that the HTML that was added to the distribution was
generated from the Texinfo docstrings.  Is that correct?  Is the
Texinfo source significantly smaller than the generated HTML?  If so,
then I think it would be much better to simply distribute that (no
need to do anything special since it should already be included with
the functions) and then generate the HTML automatically, as you
suggest.