Re: octave gui & mingw

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: octave gui & mingw
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 13:35:23 -0700

Not to burst your bubble, but while embedding octave is fairly easy,
re-implementing all the command history, tab completions,etc,etc already
provided by readline and the existing Octave interface is harder than
you think.  I went down this exact same path a couple of years ago and
in the end, I decided that running a full-up octave instance in a
terminal emulator is a much better option.

You are free to do whatever you want (the beauty of open source
software), but from someone who tried and failed going down that path, I
just thought I would warn you.

John Swensen