Re: Octave web pages

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave web pages
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 15:44:56 -0500

On 31-Jan-2006, Bill Denney wrote:

| Would anyone object to me making a perl based scheme (that could include
| make)?  There are (unsurprisingly) some good HTML template codes for perl
| available that can make the header/footer work well together.

So you would substitute Perl for the M4 scripts?

I think I would prefer something simple, that anyone who knows a
little HTML can edit, over something that uses external tools, even if
that means some duplication in the HTML files.

If there is a way to get a consistent footer/menu with Javascript that
works with all browsers, then that would also be OK, provided that it
is not too complex.

| It looks pretty nice.  That brings up another question for John, how much
| do you want to stick to the current design, and how much do you want a
| re-design?

Redesigning the pages is OK, but I would first like to get the current
pages converted to plain and simple HTML+CSS and checked in to the
savannah CVS archive.  Then we can worry about updating the
appearance.