FC4 and listen

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: FC4 and listen
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 16:40:55 -0500

Hi,

I'm having problems getting the listen command to work in FC 4.

I've posted a new version on octave-forge which allows connections from
a set of hosts, but the existing version fails as well.

The code that is failing is the following:

static void
process_commands(int channel)
{
    case 'x': // silently execute the command
      {
        if (debug) tic();
        octave_value_list evalargs;
        evalargs(1) = "senderror(lasterr);";
        evalargs(0) = context;
        feval("eval",evalargs,0);
        STATUS("done command");
      }
      STATUS("free evalargs");
      break;

When run with:

  octave> listen(1234,'debug')

and from another terminal

  octave-forge/extra/soctcl/demo/octsync.tcl 1234

it prints out 'done command' but not 'free evalargs'.

This fails for me for both 2.1.71 and 2.9.3 on FC4, but works for
2.1.69 on Debian and 2.1.52 on IRIX.

If I comment it as follows I don't get the error.

        // evalargs(1) = "senderror(lasterr);";
        // evalargs(0) = context;
        // feval("eval",evalargs,0);

Replacing these lines with the following and it reappears:

        evalargs(0) = octave_value(0.);

Moving the evalargs declaration outside the loop delays the problem
until the end of session but doesn't eliminate it.

Can someone running FC4 please confirm this is a problem?

Thanks,

        - Paul