Re: handle grapics with Document/View design

From: Teemu Ikonen
Subject: Re: handle grapics with Document/View design
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 01:08:24 +0300

On 10/14/05, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> I've given handle graphics some more thought over the last couple of
> days and written some example code that implements bare-bones versions
> of
>
>   axes  close     delete   figure  gcf  isfigure  line
>   clf   closereq  drawnow  gca     get  ishandle  set

Do you plan to develop the handle graphics interface further in the
near future? The reason I'm asking is that I recently tried the python
package matplotlib, which I think would be an excellent plotting
backend also for Octave. I'm thinking about writing a basic handle
graphics backend with it, but I don't want to waste effort if the
interface is still evolving.

> If you are interested in looking at this code, it will be available
> for a short time at
>
>   http://jbrwww.che.wisc.edu/~jwe/handle-graphics.tar.gz

> Comments welcome.

Teemu