Re: source control management for Octave

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: source control management for Octave
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 16:26:10 +0200

Andy Adler wrote:

In order to allow testing of SVN for octave, Stefan van der Walt
and I have set up a server with a svn octave repository.

I sample usage is:
$ svn ls svn+ssh://address@hidden/octave/
 branches/
 tags/
 trunk/

At this point, I would like to know how this should be used.

One option would be for developers who wish to use this
machine to send me their ssh public key. They will then
have read/write access.
I tried out the svn server, with a checkout, add, commit to see the complexity of the change from cvs... Basically it is nearly identical for this case with the same syntax except for the initial checkout url being slightly different. I'd like to check the complexity of doing a branch/merge, but it basically seems pretty seems pretty easy to use svn for a cvs user. What other tools are available for use with svn (eg a replacement for tkcvs) to visualize the branching and versioning of files in the repository?

John, have you had a chance to try this out?

Regards
David

Motorola Labs - Paris +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph) Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax) 91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE

The information contained in this communication has been classified as: [x] General Business Information [ ] Motorola Internal Use Only [ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary