Re: Octave GUI (during break from handle graphics)

From: jswensen
Subject: Re: Octave GUI (during break from handle graphics)
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 10:11:24 -0600

Quoting Jonathan Stickel <address@hidden>:

address@hidden wrote:
I needed a break from working on the handle graphics, so I decided to take a
crack at a UI.  It is rudimentary and simple, but it works.  Basically, I am
using the GTK vte teminal emulator widget to run octave in.
<snip>
A screenshot can be found at the following link.
http://swenmac.homeip.net:8080/OctaveUI.png

Hey, this looks great! I will use it as soon as you can release something stable. One feature I especially used in the Matlab gui was copying and pasting from the 'command history' window into the terminal. Does your implementation support this?

Jonathan

It doesn't support it yet, but it will very soon.  Is is simply a matter of
implementing a couple of UI signal handlers and the VTE Terminal Emulator makes
it really easy to send commands to the terminal.

I'm also going to work tonight on getting it to compile with the Win32 Native
gtkmm/gtk+ rather than the Cygwin/X version.

John