Re: handle graphics

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: handle graphics
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 15:30:44 +0200

In any case (threads or not) a two way protocol should be established
& DOCUMENTED so that people can start writing graphic fronts.

The handle graphics structure should be
1. unique
2. global
3. read only as a structure, i.e. everyone should be able to do
"fieldnames(figure)", but not figure.axes = 15;
4. changeable only the "set" command which will also to all the type &
consistency checks.

It seems to me that 1 & 3 cannot be achieved using the interpreter
alone. Once they are done using c++, 2 is trivial and 4 can be done
using m-files. So we do need a new custom type which gives us 1 & 3,
but from the examples I have seen already (CMO & oplot) this seems to
be doable. As I noted before the bulk of the work is 4!

Shai