Re: Kind of a lookfor function (moved from help list)

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Kind of a lookfor function (moved from help list)
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 09:52:26 +0200

Keith Goodman wrote:

On 5/30/05, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
In any case the reason for a proof-of-concept was to allow
discussion, and see if and how this feature might be integrated.. Do you
want it John?

What's the status on adding a lookfor command? Do you want a doc string?

The status is that I don't want to write a function that won't be incorporated into octave so I'm waiting for John to bless the idea of a lookfor function, with the understanding that non texinfo help strings might cause problems in getting the first sentence for the lookfor function.

Yes write the doc string, one less thing that I'll have to do if John accepts the code...

Cheers
David

Motorola Labs - Paris +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph) Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax) 91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE

The information contained in this communication has been classified as: [x] General Business Information [ ] Motorola Internal Use Only [ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary