Re: Loading multiple files

From: Przemek Klosowski
Subject: Re: Loading multiple files
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:49:10 -0500 (EST)

I wrote
   >Perl has a neat 'magical string increment' that tries to do a reasonable
   >thing on strings: s="001";s++ gives s="002", and s="abc";s++ gives s="abd".

and Quentin answered:

   I think there are usually easier ways to deal with this, as pointed out
   in other responses to this thread. However, you are allowed to increment
   elements of string variables in octave, so you could do a "magic
   increment" doing something as simple as:

   octave:1> string = "abc";
   octave:2> string(end)+=1
   string = abd

It's not the same. In Perl, s="abz";s++ gives s="aca"; it really is magical :)