question about variables.h

From: Ian Reinhart Geiser
Subject: question about variables.h
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 23:28:07 -0400 (EDT)

Greetings,
I have a question on the function:
extern string_vector
generate_struct_completions (const std::string& text, std::string& prefix,
std::string& hint);

Am I correct that this will give me the completion hints for the currently
available variables in the current top_level_sym_tab?

The reason I ask is because im working on code completion in the editor
and this method looked promising.  The issue I see with it is that I would
have to have two instances of the octave interpreter running, one for the
main console, and one for the code completion, syntax error reporter, and
current functions/variables information for the current editor view.

Could anyone please explain how this method works, and if it even will do
what i think it should do?

Cheers
   -ian reinhart geiser
--