Re: CGI scripts on www.octave.org broken

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: CGI scripts on www.octave.org broken
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 15:22:40 -0700

Steve Lipa wrote:

I think you are missing the point here.  Let's say the sources are hosted
on a machine named www2.octave.org in pub/octave-source.tar.gz the MD5
sum is in pub/index.html or pub/octave-source.tar.gz.md5.   If some hacker

The checksum is being mailed by John to the list when he announce new release.
So you (and me and all subscribers) will have a copy of MD5 sum in their
mailboxes.

There are some arguments that public key cryptography is not "real security"
either, but it is getting off-topic...

Steve

Dmitri.