Help on Mailing list

From: John W. Eaton
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 17:39:58 -0600

On  4-Mar-2004, Clinton Chee <address@hidden> wrote:

| This is a help request about mailing lists.
|
| I recently join the help-octave and octave-maintainers so that I can
| communicate with the developers. The mailing lists are great - I can
| have access through the web archive too.
|
| Just wondering if I can remain in the mailing list (so that I can ask
| questions to developers eg. JD Cole, John Eaton) but avoid the deluge of
|   Octave email that has been filling up my inbox lately.

No.  You have to be on the list to post.  It helps reduce spam.  There
is a second "accept" list for people who sometimes post using multiple
addresses.  I don't mind adding people to that list if they are
already subscribed, but I would prefer to not have to do extra work to
for people who don't want to receive messages sent to the list.  If
you don't want them in your inbox, set up some form of filtering.

If people want better mailing list service than I've been providing,
please find some volunteer(s) to take over the lists.

Thanks,