Re: Octave 2.2.x Was: A group in Norway ...

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave 2.2.x Was: A group in Norway ...
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:33:25 -0500

On 20-Jun-2003, Andy Adler <address@hidden> wrote:

|   - allow calling from C++ rather than casting to octave_value

Do you mean introducing a separate class structure for sparse
operations that could be used in liboctave?  That would probably be
useful to have.

| In terms of coding style its somewhat messy. This was how
| I learned C++, so it reflects my "maturing" style.

| If there are any specific requirements (from you or
| others on the list) I can probably find some time
| this summer to work on them.

I would like to have the code be in the style of the rest of the
Octave code.  The doc strings definitely need to use Texinfo markup
and follow the style of the other doc strings so that they can be
included in the manual.  Unless there is a really good reason for
using malloc or other C library calls in the C++ code, they should be
eliminated in favor of standard C++ features.  Finally, the sparse
operations need to be integrated with the other existing operations so
that lu (X) works whether X is sparse or full.  We can do this for a
few types (sparse, N-dimensional arrays) case by case since there may
not be too many functions, but it would be nice to also come up with a
more general dispatch scheme.