Re: cygwin fork bug on Windows 9x

From: Mumit Khan
Subject: Re: cygwin fork bug on Windows 9x
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 12:27:05 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 2 Feb 2003, Paul Kienzle wrote:

> I've finally got a few lines of code which reproduce the error
> message I see in cygwin for each dynamically loaded oct-file
> every time I call a system function.

Paul, Cygwin fork does a lot of magic, and using dl* family instead of
LoadLibrary/GetProcAddress takes care of some of that. There are issues
of remapping the loaded DLLs in the child, and that's just one of very
many things that fork has to do. I've been out of touch with Cygwin for
too long to know if things have changed in this area or not.

Mumit