Re: progress on libstdc++.dll

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: progress on libstdc++.dll
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 18:43:14 -0500

Paul Kienzle wrote:

I'm trying to make GNU Octave work well under cygwin.
This problem is taking too much time. Unless the cygwin list can suggest something useful, I'm going to use with Andy's solution of bundling all the octave-forge compiled functions into octave.exe, but still allowing dynamic linking (which means adding the --disable-lite-kernel option back in, or otherwise hacking src/Makefile so that bundled DLD functions are static). I'm not going to back-link to the exe since that will require more configuration changes. Feel free to contribute a better solution.

BTW, Andy has added the installer script and icons to octave-forge/admin/Windows. If you have any thing you want to add (e.g., clear the existing version before
installing the new version), post your changes there as usual.

- Paul