Re: foreign function interface

From: Per Persson
Subject: Re: foreign function interface
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 18:00:26 +0100

On Monday, December 16, 2002, at 05:52 PM, Lippert, Ross A. wrote:

What about, instead, something less ambitious, but almost as powerful. Suppose that one had an "instant oct-file" version of mkoctfile, which produces a .oct wrapper for a given function from a given library given some signature information (and perhaps C, C++, Fortran linkage information). This instant-octfile program
would be run outside octave (or within octave via system()).

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean, but I think that matwrap does just that:
http://www-lnc.usc.edu/~holt/matwrap/

Regards,
Per

Per Persson
Blekinge Institute of Technology
Dept. of Signal Processing and Telecommunications

www:   http://www.its.bth.se/staff/pee
e-mail: address@hidden