Re: [OctDev] Re: Octave 2.1.37 available for ftp

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: [OctDev] Re: Octave 2.1.37 available for ftp
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:06:44 -0500

On 24-Oct-2002, Etienne Grossmann <address@hidden> wrote:

|    Hello,
|

| 1) The va_arg() change causes tons of messages (any way to turn them
|    off?). On the contrary, the now obsolete is_XXX() cause no fuss at
|    first sight.

You could try

  warning ("off")

but that's a big hammer.  Or you could find the place in Octave where
the warning is issued and remove it.  But I'd rather fix as many of
the va_arg usages as we can now, so that we can delete va_arg
completely from Octave before too long.

| 2) There seem to be a fair amount of broken things

What?

| 3) I am preparing slides for my PhD next week, so I won't be very
|    available for octave-forge until then.

OK.

| Still, I am doing cvs update and will see if I can fix the main/struct
| directory.

I already posted a patch for getfield and setfield.