Updated ISO-C++ patchset for Octave CVS

From: Mumit Khan
Subject: Updated ISO-C++ patchset for Octave CVS
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 18:20:45 -0600 (CST)

[ I'm not on the Octave maintainers list, so please Cc me if appropriate ]

Updated patch to Octave CVS (2001-02-02) for ISO C++ conformance, as
well as a few other minor changes. Broken up into 6 easy pieces.

I've fixed all the regressions with complex numbers, and now only the
failure using a conformant library is the expected one -- lack of
formatting that was available on libstdc++-v2/libio (scan and form
and variants). I'll hopefully contribute an alternative implementation.

Checked on following systems:

  SPARC Solaris 2.8 -- GCC 2.95.2 and Sun Workshop 5.0 (fully patched)
  Linux/GNU (RH 6.2) -- GCC 2.97, GCC 2.95.2 and EGCS 1.1.2.

Using Sun's licensed performance library and BLAS implementation has
some interesting implications for the testsuite, and I'll send a
separate message on that later. Good old precision issue.

Generated files not included as usual.

I just realized that the patch Index for liboctave directory don't have
liboctave/ in the pathnames, so apply with -p0 in that directory.

Regards,
Mumit