m/image/colormap.m improved compatibility with Matlab and input checking

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: m/image/colormap.m improved compatibility with Matlab and input checking
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 12:39:07 -0600 (CST)

On 11-Mar-1999, Massimo Lorenzin <address@hidden> wrote:

| Bug report for Octave 2.0.13.90 configured for i386-redhat-linux-gnu.

| Sorry for my poor english! :)
| 1) unlike Matlab 5, octave reports an error if colormap has a string as
| input argument:
|     e.g.
|          >> colormap( 'gray' )
|
| 2)  >> colormap( map )
|      colormap.m does'nt check if size( map,2 ) ~= 3 and if map values
| aren't in [0,1] interval.
|
| Fix: a replacement of colormap.m is attached.

Thanks, I made changes similar to yours.

In the future, please try to remember to send patches using either
diff -c or diff -u instead of just sending a replacement file.  It's
much easier to handle diffs if there have already been other changes
to the source that make it undesirable to simply replace the entire
file with a new version.

Thanks,