Octave 1.90 available for ftp

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Octave 1.90 available for ftp
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 14:20:04 -0600

A test release of Octave 2.0 is now available for ftp from
ftp.che.wisc.edu in the directory /pub/octave/pre-2.0.  (Note that
this is different from the location of the normal snapshots.)

I've configured and compiled this version with

  configure --enable-shared --enable-lite-kernel

on the following systems:

  DEC Alpha, OSF/1 3.2, gcc 2.7.2, and libg++ 2.7.1

  i586, Linux 2.0.0, gcc 2.7.2, libg++ 2.7.14, and libc 5.2.18

I'm sure there are some bugs and other misfeatures.  I hope to be able
to clear up most of the major problems fairly quickly by making the
test releases available to more people.

Please report any problems to the normal bug-octave mailing list.  If
possible, use the function `bug_report' to report bugs, as it provides
a lot of useful information, and using it will also help to find bugs
in the bug reporting function.

Thanks,