octal-dev

Re: [Octal-dev] docs?

From: David O'Toole
Subject: Re: [Octal-dev] docs?
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 13:55:45 -0400

Steve Mosher wrote:

>         All of the core code could call wrappers instead of system calls.
> Basically an OS abstraction layer, and enforce it. Same idea with the GUI,
> but I think that's implicit.

This is basically how it works now; I've been watching out for
portability from day one. Someone did an unofficial port to Win32 and
everything worked fine, with only sound device code changing. When there
is GUI code, clearly that will have to be ported too..

more info later, I'm on my way out

--
@@@ david o'toole
@@@ address@hidden