octal-dev

Re: [Octal-dev] weekend update

From: David O'Toole
Subject: Re: [Octal-dev] weekend update
Date: Sun, 09 Apr 2000 20:06:38 -0400

"Danny P." wrote:

> >Does anyone have requests for documentation info? Or should I just give
> >it a whirl and try to explain the API in a linear fashion?
>
> You should give it a whirl. I'm sure, if clarifications need to be made,
> they will be. You are not the only one in the team, we're here to help :)
> If something doesn't make sense, someone will make sense of it :)
> And of course, since I mentioned it, I also volunteer to polish up your
> stuff... maybe we could make a nice reference with examples and
> explanations. Anyways, just ideas until we see it.

Wonderful :-) thanks for the support. Especially in regards to feedback
on the machine API this would be fabulous. So far Andy Sloane (of the
GSynth project) has had a positive response to the C bindings; I am
working on a C++ wrapper as well.

Incidentally, due to some very high winds, qwsi.net lost both power and
net connectivity for a good portion of this weekend. The sysadmin was
unable to get back here in time for the UPS to expire, so everything
shut down :-(. In the midst of helping to get our servers back online
and fsck'ed I didn't finish everything, but I am working on it
double-time now.

--
@@@ david o'toole
@@@ address@hidden