ocaml-tmk-devel

[Ocaml-tmk-devel] Minor problems linking with ocaml-curses (linkopts not

From: Jeff Meister
Subject: [Ocaml-tmk-devel] Minor problems linking with ocaml-curses (linkopts not specified in META)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 06:48:04 -0500

Since OCaml Curses was installed via findlib, I assumed I could
compile programs using the library with "ocamlfind ocamlopt -package
curses ..." and link with "ocamlfind ocamlopt -package curses -linkpkg
...". However, doing so produced tons of linker errors regarding
undefined symbols.

A quick look at "ocamlfind query -l curses" shows that no linkopts are
specified for the package. I can think of three ways to fix this:
1. Calling "ocamlfind ocamlopt -package curses -linkpkg -cclib
-lcurses ..." fixes the problems, though I don't think this is an
especially good solution; -linkpkg implies that findlib should be
taking care of all the linking for us, no?
2. Editing the META file to contain "linkopts = -cclib -lcurses" tells
findlib to add that parameter.
3. When building curses.cm[x]a, if you specify "-cclib -lcurses", that
will be recorded into the archive and automatically performed by the
compiler, removing the need for linkopts.

Just thought you guys might want to know---not sure if this qualifies
as a bug. Thanks for the bindings, in any case!