oath-toolkit-help

[OATH-Toolkit-help] TOTP - pam module doesn't store h/w key drift

From: Sergey
Subject: [OATH-Toolkit-help] TOTP - pam module doesn't store h/w key drift
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 20:16:59 +0400

I have a h/w key which works okay but is ~ 1 hour back in past.

I've crawled through the sources and I've made a test.

The problem is — I have to set my window = at least 150, and then, after some
successful authentications I can't change it to normal 3—4. PAM library just
doesn't use all that time drift info.
The field called ‘start_moving_factor’ just keeps increasing by 130 every time
I log in. And, as I see in the code it's not used with TOTP =(
I can't keep window=150, this make the whole thing useless.

Are you planning on fixing this?