oath-toolkit-help

Re: [OATH-Toolkit-help] oath-toolkit_2.0.2-3_amd64.changes REJECTED

From: Daniel Pocock
Subject: Re: [OATH-Toolkit-help] oath-toolkit_2.0.2-3_amd64.changes REJECTED
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 23:23:38 +0100

On 28/01/13 23:17, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> mån 2013-01-28 klockan 23:13 +0100 skrev Daniel Pocock:
>> $ ssh <user>@git.debian.org
>>
>> $ cd /git/pkg-auth
>>
>> $ /git/collab-maint/setup-repository oath-toolkit 'OATH toolkit library
>> and utils'
>>

>> That should create a bare repo.  You can then set your remote and push
>> there.
>
> Excellent, thank you!  Should we call the repo oath-toolkit-dpkg, to
> indicate that it also contains debian packaging, or is the common naming
> pattern to use the bare upstream repository name?  Related, maybe the
> description should say 'Debian packaging of OATH Toolkit' instead.

When they live on alioth, I just name them using the source package name

When I clone them locally, I use a variety of different naming
conventions though, to distinguish them from the upstream packages

The package name is fine, you can look at the alioth gitweb to see
examples of how other people name their packages

Also, this is how the maintainer setup is done in debian/control:

Maintainer: Debian Authentication Maintainers
<address@hidden>
Uploaders: Simon Josefsson <address@hidden>
Vcs-Git: git://git.debian.org/pkg-auth/oath-toolkit.git
Vcs-Browser: http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-auth/oath-toolkit.git;a=summary

and anybody who wants to participate has to both:

a) request to join via alioth:
https://alioth.debian.org/project/request.php?group_id=100821

and

b) subscribe themselves to the list: