oath-toolkit-help

Re: [OATH-Toolkit-help] One Time Password in SLiM

From: Christian Hesse
Subject: Re: [OATH-Toolkit-help] One Time Password in SLiM
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 17:14:24 +0200

Hello everybody,

some more comments on this.

Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> on Sat, 30 Apr 2011
09:05:41 +0200:
> -11 means OATH_NO_SUCH_FILE, i.e., the usersfile could not be
> found/opened.

Would be nice to get human readable output here. I spent a lot of time
searching for the problem, a simple "Could not read usersfile." would be of
great help.

> How does xscreensaver/pam_unix solve this for e.g. /etc/shadow?

I took a deeper look at pam_unix and unix_chkpwd. pam_unix always calls
unix_chkpwd via execev() to authenticate the user.
I'm not sure I could implement this for pam_oath... Is anybody willing to do
this? I will take a deeper look if I have some spare time.
--
Schoene Gruesse
Chris