oath-toolkit-help

[OATH-Toolkit-help] Re: OATH Toolkit 1.6.0

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: [OATH-Toolkit-help] Re: OATH Toolkit 1.6.0
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 22:53:25 +0100

Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE <address@hidden> writes:

> Le mardi 22 février 2011 à 20:54 +0100, Simon Josefsson a écrit :
>> Debian packages won't be official until they have made it their way
>> through the NEW queue, which can take some time.
>
> Dear Simon,
>
> We added Mentors to /etc/apt/sources.list:
> deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free
>
> Then issued:
> apt-get build-dep
> apt-get source --build oath-toolkit

Thanks for testing!

> There is an error related to AMD64:
>
> *** Warning: Linking the executable test-pam_oath-root against the
> loadable module
> *** pam_oath.so is not portable!

This warning is harmless, I don't know how to avoid it.  Linking this
way works fine on Debian.

> `/home/jmpoure/Documents/logiciels/deb/oath-toolkit-1.6.0/pam_oath/tests'
> rc 4
> PASS: test-pam_oath
> pam_authenticate[0] 28
> FAIL: run-root-tests.sh

address@hidden:~$ rgrep 28 /usr/include/security/
/usr/include/security/_pam_types.h:#define PAM_MODULE_UNKNOWN   28 /* module is
not known */
address@hidden:~$

The PAM root self-test modifies system-wide PAM configuration
temporarily (there is no other way to test a PAM module, people have
suggested patches to override the /etc/pam.d hard coded search path in
Linux-PAM but they were never accepted).

The code is here:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/oath-toolkit.git/tree/pam_oath/tests/run-root-tests.sh

In your case, I suspect the self-test code couldn't modify the system
configuration, so it would fail with a unknown module error.

I'll improve reliability of the script and release a quick 1.6.1 so you
can test that.

/Simon