nuxeo-localizer

Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Towards Localizer 1.0

From: Juan David Ibáñez Palomar
Subject: Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Towards Localizer 1.0
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 19:12:41 +0200

Garikoitz Araolaza wrote:

At 13:31 13/10/02, you wrote:

I want to release Localizer 0.9.2 before the end of the month
and Localizer 1.0 before the Hispalinux congress (November 14).

Tell me if there's something you want to see in Localizer for
the 1.0 release. Even if you already told me, don't hesitate
to ask again, this way I'll now your priorities.

Yes... I'm not sure about what should be the right logic in select_language in AcceptLanguage module, but here is a posible correction:

- I have a bilingual ( 'es' and 'en' ) Localizer site.

- Let's say that default language is set to 'en' (for the rest of users that aren't spanish speakers).

- User from Argentina with 'es-AR' setting in his browser comes in the site.

- As 'es-AR' is not equal to 'es', the user receives the 'en' (default) version.

I think that he should receive the standard 'es' version...

May I suggest a second matching loop be done when

len(lang) > 2 and language == None

with lang[:2] in select_language ?

This is already implemented, if it doesn't works it's a bug.
Then, tell me which Localizer version and which browser do you
use (some browsers don't send the information as specified in
the standard). And describe your set up with all the info you
think could be useful.

--
J. David Iba'n~ez, http://www.j-david.net
Software Engineer / Inge'nieur Logiciel / Ingeniero de Software