nuxeo-localizer

[Nuxeo-localizer] Proposal: local object

From: Juan David Ibáñez Palomar
Subject: [Nuxeo-localizer] Proposal: local object
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 18:26:00 +0100

Hi again,

I'm going to describe a new kind of object that could be added
to Localizer and would like to know wether you find it useful
or not.

Imagine a folder with two new management screens, one of
them would be the well known "Languages", the other one
one could be called "Local attributes".

The name of the folder could be "date".

Imagine we define two languages for "date": "en" and "es".
And two local attributes: "short" and "long".

Then we add to it the Python scripts "short_es", "short_en",
"long_es" and "long_en". As you already guessed this methods
get a DateTime instance as parameter and return a string with
a short or long representation of the date in spanish or english.

Then you could use the object this way:

 <dtml-var "date.short(bobobase_modification_time)">
 <dtml-var "date.long(bobobase_modification_time)">

You also could store other objects: images, files, etc..

This new class can be compared with the current "Localizer"
class, with the product "InternationalObjects" and with the
class "ZBabelObject" of the "ZBabel" product. It provides
a somewhat similar feature, but its behaviour is a bit different.

Do you think it's useful??

--

J. David Ibáñez, Nuxeo.com
Debian user (http://www.debian.org)