nufw-users

Re: [Nufw-users] nufw and squid in the same machine

From: Eric Leblond
Subject: Re: [Nufw-users] nufw and squid in the same machine
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 13:40:32 +0100

> I found nufw while I was looking for a solution to one of my problems:
> establish squid in a single machine working like transparent proxy and at
> the same time to obtain user authentication in order by can define different
> access politics for each system user.

> But I need config all in a single machine.

That was the point, I did not understand.

> The web traffic is redirected with iptables to squid:
>
> iptables -t nat N proxy
> iptables -t nat -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -j proxy
> iptables -t nat -A proxy -m owner --uid-owner squid -j RETURN
> iptables -t nat -A proxy -p tcp -j REDIRECT --to-ports 3128

Then you need to filter in OUTPUT with nufw :

iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp --dport 80 -m owner ! --uid-owner squid -j QUEUE

That should do the stuff. There may be an issue with negative owner
match but you will easily see if this is the case.

BR,
--
Eric Leblond <address@hidden>