nufw-users

[Nufw-users] Re: nufw and squid

From: Eric Leblond
Subject: [Nufw-users] Re: nufw and squid
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 15:14:52 +0100

Le vendredi 11 novembre 2005 à 10:47 +0100, maria perez a écrit :
> Hello

> The only users i have to check are the system users, in order to achieve
> this I have to config nuauth to does authentication against PAM, then i
> think the module for acl must be plaintext.(although i don't understand
> well what role acls fulfill if my acls are defined in the plugin squidguard)

you need iptables/netfilter rules to select flow that you want to
authenticate. Next, NuFW has to authorize the packet to go through. As
NuFW knows sabout users we have to tolld him which user can reach the
proxy. Thus, a storage for NuFW acl is needed.
In you case, you can have a dummy ACL which authorize everything on port
80 for anybody. The squid will manage permission afterward.

> Is all correct?

yes :-))

BR,

Eric