nss-mysql-users

[Nss-mysql-users] nss-mysql + chroot

From: Piotr Szczap
Subject: [Nss-mysql-users] nss-mysql + chroot
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 16:11:29 +0100

Hello list,
I have a problem with using nss-mysql and doing chroot. We are trying to
set up an FTP server on a system that is using nss-mysql for
authentication. We have set up the FTP server so that it chroot's to
user's home dir after the user authenticates. The problem is that when
the user lists files in his/her directory the username is displayed as
(?), eg:
drwxr-x---   2 (?)      ftp_corusant     4096 Feb  1  2005 sw0017
drwxr-x---   3 (?)      ftp_corusant     4096 Sep 21 21:30 sw0023

This happens because after the chroot operation FTP server looses access
to nss-mysql* files in /etc and so it cannot connect to the database.
However, if a user is in the local user database(/etc/passwd) his/her
name is displayed OK.

I'm out of ideas:( Could anyone suggest a workaround/solution other than
 copying nss-mysql* file into user's directory??

TIA
Piotr Szczap