nss-mysql-users

Re: [Nss-mysql-users] Re: Nss-mysql-users digest, Vol 1 #3 - 2 msgs

From: Guillaume Morin
Subject: Re: [Nss-mysql-users] Re: Nss-mysql-users digest, Vol 1 #3 - 2 msgs
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 11:56:20 +0100

Hi Doug,

Dans un message du 30 Oct à 22:26, Doug Currey écrivait :
> Ok things seem to be worse.

DOH

> I tried to use 33.1 and now get the following  if I do "id ddcurrey" Note:
> ddcurrey is only in the mysql database.
> error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libnss_mysql.so.2: undefined
> symbol: my_thread_end

That is _very_ weird. You told me that you use MySQL 3.23.4x ? Did you
switch to MySQL 4.0 ? If not, could you tell me what is your MySQL
distribution (RH RPM, compiled from sources etc.)

That is normal, the my_thread_* function were not used in that version.

> Here is my log output. with .33.1  as far as the userid and groupid below
> they are correct.  This much looks good.
> Last but not least I still get that same error message if I try to start
> mysql with the "groups:  files mysql" line in place.

I really need that you get the latest CVS version to debug this problem.

Regards,

PS: please try to keep nss-mysql-users CC'ed for the archives.

--
Guillaume Morin <address@hidden>

        Justice is lost, Justice is raped, Justice is done. (Metallica)