nss-mysql-devel

Re: [Nss-mysql-devel] [Patch #49] group handling optimization + qualifie

From: Guillaume Morin
Subject: Re: [Nss-mysql-devel] [Patch #49] group handling optimization + qualifiers
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 18:26:29 +0100

Dans un message du 06 Nov à 14:14, Loic Dachary écrivait :
>  > I've seen that you've implemented some kind of caching. I was thinking
>  > about that at a moment. But that seems to be "over" the NSS API. I am
>  > sure that a NSS module should implement this.. What do you think ?

Well I meant "should not".Sorry for that.

>       This is an interesting idea. One could patch nscd so that it
> caches sequential walk in addition to lookups. At present nscd does not
> do this. When a sequential walk (setgrent/getgrent) is done, nscd leaves
> it to the corresponding nsswitch module. I double checked that to be
> sure ;-)

Acutually, I was not aware that nscd does not cache the ent functions.
That is bad and I understand your approach. But the correct fix would be
to patch nscd to support this. But as you stated, it would be  a long
way run to make it go into the libc.

I have no idea of what is the best solution atm. I really need to think
about it.

--
Guillaume Morin <address@hidden>

       Unwisely, Santa offered a teddy bear to James, unaware that he had
             been mauled by a grizzly earlier that year (T. Burton)