[nmh-workers] Construction of outgoing from line

From: Kevin Cosgrove
Subject: [nmh-workers] Construction of outgoing from line
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 16:31:26 -0700

Hi folks,

I'm trying to get my outgoing email to be address@hidden again (I had a machine crash).
On the crashed machine it worked fine with the following atop my components file

      %<(void(localmbox))%>%(void(width))%(putaddr From: )

Mail sent from the new machine, which I'm trying to make identical to the crashed machine, arrives with a from line like address@hidden and I want the myhost part to be gone. I messed with postfix for a bit, thinking "myorigin" might be messed up.

Using /bin/mail, which is a link to mailx, I get the right behavior, and postfix is fine.

Using nmh the From: line gets constructed with the host name included. How can I alter my components line to create my from address using only the domain, not including the hostname? Or, maybe there's some other place I have things configured wrong in nmh?

Thanks all!