Re: [nmh-workers] The State of exmh.

From: valdis . kletnieks
Subject: Re: [nmh-workers] The State of exmh.
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2018 00:43:22 -0500

On Wed, 07 Nov 2018 08:21:46 +1000, Alexander Zangerl said:

> On Tue, 06 Nov 2018 14:02:48 +0000, Ralph Corderoy writes:
> >Where does one go for exmh these days?  Google's top hit is
> >http://exmh.sourceforge.net/
>
> and that's the right place for uptodate sources.

It needs some work though.  The project page at
is reasonably up to date (I think - yell if something is out of
date/wrong).

https://sourceforge.net/projects/exmh/

I'm tagging the current git tree as 2.9.0 and pushing
out the tarballs - everything since April 2012 has called
itself 2.8.0.

If I screwed the pooch and botched something, yell so I can
push a 2.9.1 out. :)

> >and that says the current web site is
> >http://www.beedub.com/exmh/.
>
> i'll get in touch with brent welch about updating that version and link
> on his site.

I can fix the link - the question is where to change it to....

Also, after I converted the tree to git, I missed the part where that
page points at now non-existent CVS snapshots.

> >I found a probable public copy
> >at https://marc.info/?l=exmh-users&r=1&w=2 and see valdis is active.

Yeah, I'm (mostly) alive.  Current not-yet-in-git projects are
fixing up the 'display html' support, and fixing up the multipart
composition support.

> the main reason why debian has debian-specific patches is that
> the debian policy requires particular behaviours wrt. where files
> may go and so on. some are just patches for things that have been fixed
> in cvs/git since 2.8.0 went out.

I *think* that the current git tree contains all the non-Debian-specific
patches.